If you’re looking for a next gen firewall that can give you the security and performance you need, then this guide is for you. We’ll cover everything you need to know about next generation firewalls, from what they are and how they work, to the benefits they offer and the different types available. By the end of this guide, you’ll have all the information you need to make an informed decision about which next gen firewall is right for your business.
So, what is a next generation firewall? In short, it’s a type of firewall that offers enhanced security features and performance thanks to its ability to inspect and filter traffic much deeper than a traditional firewall. Next gen firewalls protect against many threats, including malware, viruses, ransomware, and phishing attacks.
How does a next generation firewall work?
A next-generation firewall works by inspecting all traffic that passes through it to identify and block anything malicious. It does this by looking at the content of each packet of data rather than just the header information. This means that next-generation firewalls can inspect all traffic, regardless of the protocol it uses.
What to factor in when investing in the next gen firewall
- Performance: This aspect is determined by the number of firewall rules and the objects defined for those rules. A good rule of thumb is over 10,000 firewall rules and objects for every 1 Gbps of Throughput.
- Security: This is a must! It is always better to have more security features than less because you can never be too secure on the internet.
- Cost: You will find that the next gen firewall will have a higher upfront cost but will offer you more security and performance in the long run.
- Ease of use: Some next gen firewalls can be challenging to manage and configure. Make sure to choose one that is easy to use and has a user-friendly interface. Ease to use also means deploying and managing the firewall remotely.
- Support: This is important! Choose a vendor that offers good technical support if you encounter any problems.
The benefits of a next generation firewall
There are many benefits to using a next generation firewall, including the following:
Next gen firewalls offer a much higher level of security than traditional firewalls, thanks to their ability to inspect traffic at a deeper level. This means they can detect and block more sophisticated threats, such as malware, viruses, and ransomware.
2- Better performance
Next gen firewalls also offer improved performance thanks to their ability to inspect traffic more efficiently. This means they’re less likely to slow down your network and can improve its overall performance.
3- Easier to manage
Next gen firewalls are also easier to manage than traditional firewalls, thanks to their centralised management consoles. This makes it simpler to monitor and control your firewall and easier to add and remove features as your needs change.
Types of next generation firewall
There are two main types of next generation firewalls: hardware and software.
- Hardware next generation firewall
A hardware next generation firewall is a physical appliance installed in your network. It typically comes with its management console, which makes it easy to monitor and control your firewall. Hardware, next generation firewalls are generally more expensive than software firewalls, but they offer several benefits, including improved performance and security.
- Software next generation firewall
Software, next generation firewalls, are typically more affordable than hardware firewalls, but they offer some benefits, including improved performance and security. A software next generation firewall is a type of firewall that’s installed on a server. It typically doesn’t come with its management console but can be managed using a third-party tool.
Which next generation firewall is proper for you?
The type of next generation firewall that’s right for you will depend on your specific needs. If you’re looking for enhanced security, hardware next generation firewall may be a better option. A software next-generation firewall may be a better option if you’re looking for improved performance. Ultimately, deciding which type of firewall to use will come down to your specific needs and budget.
If you want the best IT solutions and infrastructure, you need to work with a reputable vendor; that will offer the following:
- A wide range of products: You need a vendor that offers a wide range of next gen firewall products, so you can choose the one that’s right for you.
- A deep understanding of your needs: The vendor should deeply understand your specific needs so that they can recommend the right product for you. They should also be able to provide you with a customised solution that’s tailored to your needs.
- A commitment to customer service: The vendor should be committed to providing you with the best possible customer service, so you can get the help you need when you need it.
- A track record of success: The vendor should have a proven track record of success in delivering next gen firewall solutions, so you can be confident that they’ll be able to meet your needs.
- A competitive price: The vendor should offer a competitive price for their next-generation firewall products to get the best value for your money. It will help if the vendor provides a money-back guarantee to ensure you’re getting the best possible value for your money.
When choosing a next generation firewall, it’s essential to work with a reputable vendor such as Sangfor Technologies that offers a wide range of products and a deep understanding of your specific needs. The vendor should also be committed to providing you with the best possible customer service and have a proven track record of success in delivering next-generation firewall solutions.
Next generation firewalls offer some benefits over traditional firewalls, including improved security and performance. But which type of next generation firewall is right for you? That depends on your specific needs. If you’re looking for enhanced security, hardware next generation firewall may be a better option. A software next-generation firewall may be a better option if you’re looking for improved performance. Ultimately, deciding which type of firewall to use will come down to your specific needs and budget.